Cap'n Proto for D v0.1.2

Thomas Brix Larsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 18 14:10:58 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 at 20:46:33 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 at 18:09:54 UTC, Thomas Brix Larsen
> wrote:
>> "Cap’n Proto is an insanely fast data interchange format and
>> capability-based RPC system. Think JSON, except binary. Or
>> think Protocol Buffers, except faster."
>>
>> This is the initial public release of my optimized port of the
>> Java implementation of Cap'n Proto.
>>
>> State:
>> * Passes Cap'n Proto testsuite.
>> * Optimized. Just a little slower than the official C++
>> implementation (see benchmarks on github).
>> * Missing RPC part of Cap'n Proto.
>>
>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/capnproto-dlang
>> https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/capnproto-dlang
>
> Great Job!
>
> I'm following Cap'n Proto, and it's very very interesting...
> I would love also the RPC part, maybe based on Vibe... have you
> any plan to implement that?
>
> I'm really curious to try it!
>
> ---
> Paolo

Well personally I have no need for the RPC part. Though if it
gets added to the Java implementation of Cap'n Proto I will
probably port it.

The D implementation works well. I developed it for a hobby
project. Game server in D. Client in Unity. At work we have been
using the C++ Cap'n Proto for IPC for a while. Recently we have
also started using the D implementation for configuration files.