Cap'n Proto for D v0.1.2

Thomas Brix Larsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 19 09:52:14 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 16:34:02 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
> [...]
>
> This info from stackoverflow also seems to imply that
> MappedByteBuffer would be required for some of the capnproto
> features.  So, could you explain a little more about what are
> the capabilities of the current d library implementation, with
> just the ByteBuffer implemented from the java nio code?
> Thanks, Jay
>
> [...]

The port of ByteBuffer just wraps a slice when reading in D.

Take a look at FileDescriptor[1]. It is a class I've added to
support read/write using File from std.stdio. You can create a
similar streamer using std.mmfile. I believe that this would be
enough for memory mapped reading.

[1]:
https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/capnproto-dlang/blob/master/source/capnproto/FileDescriptor.d