Cap'n Proto for D v0.1.2

Thomas Brix Larsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 20 03:20:32 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 19:30:03 UTC, Thomas Brix Larsen
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 18:24:46 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Ok, thanks. I took a look at several capnproto implementations
>> just now, and didn't see any tests for a mmap 'feature'.  The
>> roadmap doc below indicates it doesn't exist, and perhaps
>> there are some details yet to be resolved to make it
>> 'friendly' for a mmap.
>
> But reading using random access *is* a feature of Cap'n Proto.
> So when reading a memory mapped Cap'n Proto file, getters will
> be faster if you use it in a non-sequential way.

I have made some minor changes to make adaptors responsible for
allocating buffers. This made it possible to add a new adaptor
MemoryMapped and a sample[1] to show it off.

I have also verified that no buffer allocations happen while
reading using MemoryMapped.

Note that writing using memory mapping is still not possible.

[1]:
https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/capnproto-dlang/blob/master/source/samples/mmap.d