"Competitive Advantage with D" is one of the keynotes at C++Now 2017

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 14:11:29 PDT 2017

On 04/28/2017 04:26 PM, Atila Neves wrote:
> The other day I was reminded that in
> C++ land one has to manually write `operator<<` to print things out and
> `operator==` to compare things.

What, seriously?!?

That's the thing about C++: The right way is the obscure way, and the
straightforward way is the wrong way. And yesterday's right way is
today's wrong way. And apparently (it would seem), the only way NOT to
completely fuck *everything* up is to become an expert on every corner
of the language, and STAY an expert on all the latest changes. In the
immortal words (and voice) of Duke Nukem: "What a mess!"

Seriously, I don't care about the political incorrectness of bashing or
comparing to other languages, this right here is and always was D's
killer feature, the whole reason I got into it in the first place and
have stayed: D takes all the current (and former!) application domains
of C/C++, and brings to it basic programmer sanity. 'Nuff said.