"Competitive Advantage with D" is one of the keynotes at C++Now 2017

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 29 02:02:59 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 29 April 2017 at 03:44:50 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 04/28/2017 06:11 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
> wrote:
>> 	https://bartoszmilewski.com/2013/09/19/edward-chands/
>>

> That is *awesome*!
>
> Although, I always saw Eddie Scissors as more of a retelling of
> Frankenstein.

It is rather inaccurate. E.g.: «Imperative languages offer no
protection against data races — maybe with the exception of D.»

Sounds mostly like a sales pitch for Haskell over C++, glossing
over the main reason for why the highest performance parallell
algorithms are risky: the actual hardware design.

If you don't want that highest speed then you most certainly can
protect against data races for many problems in other languages,
including C++.

This won't change until the hardware changes. Oh well, it kinda
has, with GPU programming.