SVD_to_D: Generate over 100k lines of highly-optimized microcontroller mmapped-IO code in the blink of an eye

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 1 12:04:44 PDT 2017

Am Mon, 31 Jul 2017 08:51:16 +0000
schrieb Mike <none at none.com>:

> https://github.com/JinShil/svd_to_d
>
> SVD_to_D is a command-line utility that generates D code from ARM
> Cortex-M SVD files.
>
> SVD files are XML files that describe, in great detail, the
> memory layout and characteristics of registers in an ARM Cortex-M
> microcontroller. See
> https://github.com/posborne/cmsis-svd/tree/master/data for a
> curated list of SVD files for many ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers
> from various silicon vendeors.
>
>  From the information in an SVD file, code for accessing the
> microcontroller's memory-mapped-io registers can be automatically
> generated, and SVD_to_D does exactly that.

Nice work! SVD seems to be an ARM standard / initiative? I wish there
was something similar for MSP/AVR/PIC controllers.

-- Johannes