Netflix opensources its first D library: Vectorflow

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 2 22:27:06 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 3 August 2017 at 04:40:05 UTC, Matt wrote:
> Also note, one of the main advantages of Eigen is the whole
> lazy evaluation of expressions for compound operations.
>
> I haven't dug in the source, but it's my understanding it's
> done through a lot of compile time C++ template hacking

Yep, there's a lot of operator overloading and other C++ black
magic. DCompute should be able to do some of the out of the box
with the lambda kernels to get some data locality. I'm also in
the process of integrating Polly (LLVM's polyhedral optimiser)
into LDC to get great loop optimisations.