I'm the new package maintainer for D on ArchLinux

Wild via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 9 13:42:48 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

The D packages for ArchLinux has been orphaned since Dicebot
stepped down as the maintainer and no one else stepped up. So I
decided to step up and apply to become a Trusted User, and I got
accepted yesterday[1]. So from now on I will be the one who
maintains all the D packages (in the [community] repo), and it
will be my job to fix them if they break.

If you haven't heard of me before (which is probable because I
mostly lurk), my name is Dan, I'm 21 years old and I'm the
developer of PowerNex[2], a D kernel/OS, and I livestream coding
at Twitch[3].

Currently only dmd, dtools, ldc and lib{,l}phobos are in the
[community] repo. I would like to move over dub, dcd, dscanner
and dfmt (some of these were dropped from [community] due to
being orphaned). You guys can help by voting on AUR packages that
you want to be moved to [community].

Feel free to ping me on anything that is related to packaging or
the ArchLinux packages.
I hope I can maintain ArchLinux as a great environment to use D.

Ways of contacting me:
- arch at vild.io
- wild on freenode (I lurk in #d, #archlinux, #powernex)
- Vild on github
- Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/bMZk9Q4

Thanks
- Dan