Article: Writing Julia style multiple dispatch code in D

data pulverizer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 24 10:20:20 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 17:01:38 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> This works only with compile-time dispatch, right?

Yes

> ... Does Julia support dynamic multiple dispatch?

Okay Julia is my second favourite language next to D and one of
it's cool features is that even though it is a dynamic
programming language, methods are compiled for specific call
signatures on first use of the function. So officially Julia does
dynamic dispatch, but it pre-compiles function signatures.

> In any case, Jean-Louis Leroy did some magic recently to
> support multiple dynamic dispatch in D. :)
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/cigbfrgipbokyetskypk@forum.dlang.org

I haven't seen this. I'll have to get back to you when I have
read it.

Thanks