D for Android beta

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 02:59:33 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 19:45:17 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Very exciting! :)
>
> On 06/01/2017 12:31 PM, Joakim wrote:
>
> > I will write up instructions on how to write an Android app
> in D _on_
> > your Android device
>
> I hope it will be detailed enough for people who are very new
> to programming on the Android.
>
> Ali

I've finally written up full instructions on building D apps for
Android by using the linux cross-compiler or native Android
compiler I provide:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_D_for_Android

The upcoming ldc 1.4 beta will be the first to include Android
cross-compilation support for all supported host platforms, ie
Windows, Mac, and linux, as all my Android patches have now been
merged.  I'll stop putting out my own cross-compiler builds,
though I'll maintain the native ldc package in the Termux package
repo, once that's accepted.

If you want to build full OpenGLES GUI Android apps on your
Android device, this wiki page shows you how to do that too.  You
too can be one of the elite few building mobile apps on your
mobile device, and in D!