LDC 1.4.0-beta1

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 11:30:36 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 15:45:00 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 22:35:11 UTC, kinke wrote:
>
>> * Shipping with ldc-build-runtime, a small D tool to easily
>> (cross-)compile the runtime libraries yourself.
>> * Full Android support, incl. emulated TLS.
>
> Does this mean I can actually build D static libraries, link
> them into an NDK shared lib, and use it in a phone app that I
> can submit to Google Play?

Yes.  Just follow these instructions to generate the standard
library for Android/ARM;

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries

We're still cleaning up loose ends and refining the process
though.  I forgot that you need to disable building one module
when cross-compiling the stdlib, as mentioned here:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/jmucnjekkcmiszpagoih@forum.dlang.org

Then, you can use a variation of these instructions to build D
code:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_D_for_Android

The problem is those instructions assume you have a ldc2.conf set
up properly, whereas the new ldc 1.4 beta won't do that for you.
I'm looking into adding that.

Basically, you can do what you asked now, but while all the
functionality is there, we're refining the build setup with this
ldc beta process.  By the final 1.4 release, it should be really
easy to cross-compile the stdlib and use it, but we're not quite
there yet.

If you're adventurous, try it out know and let us know what you
think.  Otherwise, it will get even simpler soon.