Open Methods: From C++ to D

Jean-Louis Leroy via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 31 16:21:03 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 21:42:50 UTC, EntangledQuanta
wrote:
>> It's fixed now, in master and in release v1.0.0-rc.2.
>
> I'll check it out. I don't think the last errors I was getting
> were due to the sizing issues though, so is that all you fixed
> or was there some other stuff related to windows?

Only size issues. Two lines in fact, see
https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d/commit/b63a88132e639bb23bb7cb305f4457450f865c6a but errors can cascade. I ran a few examples using the current dmd on Windows. Worked OK.

It would be nice to have the Windows equivalent of
dev/run-everything, maybe someone can PR me that?

> Yeah, but one should always be allowed to shoot themselves in
> the foot.

I agree, wholeheartedly. In C++, yomm11 has macros that you can
use to make a specific override or an entire method friend of a
class. But alas no friendship in D.