LDC 1.6.0

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:47:35 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 3 December 2017 at 12:50:26 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to announce LDC 1.6. The
> highlights of this version in a nutshell:
>
> * Based on D 2.076.1.
> * Experimental support for dynamic codegen at runtime ('manual
> JIT').
> * Many std.math functions are now CTFE-able.
>
> Full release log and downloads:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.6.0
>
> Thanks to all contributors!
>
> [LDC master is at v2.077.1.]

This is awesome news and sound very interesting - my question is
will dynamic codegen allow you to do things like this:

```
@dynamicCompile auto myDynamicFunction(immutable string myParam)
{
   @dynamicCompile mixin(makeFun!(myParam));
   return newFunction();
}
```

where `newFunction()` is constructed at dynamic compile-time
(during runtime) and its return type as well as the return type
of `myDynamicFunction()` is only known once the dynamic
compilation is done? So could I call `myDynamicFunction()` and
potentially return different types each time it is called?