D User Survey

user1234 user1234 at 12.nl
Thu Dec 7 18:22:46 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 7 December 2017 at 14:31:01 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 19:11:31 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
> wrote:
>

>> Truth be told I find survey largely irrelevant.
>> What my gender or some such have to do with D? Or my job? What
>> do we want to understand from that - “teenagers w/o like D
>> language more?” or some such nonsense?
>>
>> I despise demographic style surveys, ask technical aspects
>> instead, it would be 10x more informative.
>
> Yeah, it's too personal (job, company, gender). Questions
> should concentrate on technical aspects.

Survey techniques are a science after all. Google provides you
the tools but without methodology it's peanuts. I suppose that
this survey just allows you to locate yourself among the
community, although it was already well known that D is more used
in Europe and mostly by adults. I mean that the results cannot be
used to change the development guide lines.

Only interesting Q:
- How did you learn D ? : yes, it shows for example that
tour.dlang.org has gained its place.
- What is your PRIMARY /SECONDARY area of development where you
focus on D ? maybe interesting to detect something that's not
worth improving in the language. But bad formulation.
- How would you rate your experience with D compared to other
languages? Yes, may show if D is generating D-language-centered
people.

and few others. Average SLOC per project would have been
interesting too. TIme spent per day.