run.dlang.io - a modern way to run D code

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Dec 13 07:56:21 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 06:53:02 rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On 13/12/2017 6:46 AM, bauss wrote:

> >> While it would be rather easier to build more Docker images [1] and
> >> add them to the tour [2], I fear that this will be too much
> >> maintenance overhead and will lead to outdated compiler soon.
> >> Also the storage on the machine is limited and we can't drop an
> >> unlimited amount of Docker images there.
> >>
> >> [1] https://github.com/dlang-tour/core-exec
> >> [2]
> >> https://github.com/dlang-tour/core/blob/master/source/exec/docker.d#L22
> >
> > What you could do is support the 3 latest versions of the compilers.
> >
> > Ex. for DMD you would support:
> > 2.077.1
> > 2.076.1
> > 2.075.1
>
> Also the older c++ version (2.06x.x).

What would be the point of that? That's old enough that no one should really
be using it. Targetting it just runs the risk of your code not working with
a recent version of the compiler and standard library.

- Jonathan M Davis