run.dlang.io - a modern way to run D code

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu Dec 14 13:51:57 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 13:22:54 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 06:43:58 UTC, Mike Franklin
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 06:26:16 UTC, Seb wrote:
>>
>>> It's interesting to see that no one complained about gdc not
>>> being there - I thought that this would be the first comment.
>>
>> Allow me to be the first.
>>
>> But seriously, considering the use case for run.dlang.io, I
>> don't see the need for hosting any compilers other than
>> dmd-latest and dmd-nightly.  Everything else is just gravy.
>>
>> Mike
>
> rust playground has plenty of choices in that matter but
> there's something better.

As far as I can judge they also only support latest, beta and
nightly as compilers, no?

> it supports the top 100 most used dependencies so they are just
> an import away.
> @seb, you think this could be added?

If I understand you correctly, we already support this - though
the list of supported packages is rather limited for now.
Two examples:

mir: https://run.dlang.io/is/FIc6rd
mir-algorithm: https://run.dlang.io/is/3pNRH8

If you want to add your favorite library to the list ->
https://github.com/dlang-tour/core-exec/blob/master/Dockerfile#L43