Blog post: using dynamic libraries in dub

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Wed Dec 27 19:02:18 UTC 2017

On Monday, 25 December 2017 at 08:57:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> If I knew exactly what would need to be done I would most
> likely have done it already :). Perhaps Martin that implemented
> the support on Linux or David that, I think, implemented it for
> LDC on macOS would be better suited for such a bugzilla issue.

If you know that it doesn't work, please file an issue; a bug
that just says "this doesn't work" is more valuable than its
absence.

If you have a test case, that is valuable; "what would need to be
done" is to make the test case work.

If you know that it works with LDC, that is also valuable; "what
would need to be done" is to port over LDC's fixes.

I haven't used a Mac since 2012 (an experience that I am anxious
to avoid repeating), so I don't even know whether TLS works with
dynamic libraries on OSX. I can't test fixes. All I could do is
report that there's a rumor.