Call for arms: Arch Linux D package maintenance

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 1 10:32:48 PST 2017

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> As I have previously announced
> (http://forum.dlang.org/post/o6fbbu$1qli$1@digitalmars.com), I am
> stepping down from maintaining Arch Linux packages for D.
>
> That means there are 3 possibilities:
>
> - No one will adopt them and all packages will be moved to AUR
> - Some existing Trusted User decided to adopt them
> - Someone from D community decides to become Trusted User and adopts them
>
> First option is definitely the worst one and I don't see any enthusiasm
> regarding second option from existing TUs. Is there anyone willing to
> volunteer for the option three?
>
> I promise all the guidance and help in submitting TU application and
> figuring out maintenance process but there does need to be a volunteer ;)

I use arch and D every day. I'm willing to volunteer. I keep up to date
with all releases and keep multiple dmd versions. If I'm maintaining the
packages I'd use them (if I can still switch versions of dmd).