mysql-native: preview2

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 1 23:22:25 PST 2017

On Thursday, 2 February 2017 at 06:50:34 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 February 2017 at 05:28:10 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
> wrote:
>> Made a couple more long-needed changes while I'm at it:
>>
>> https://github.com/Abscissa/mysql-native-experimental
>> Tag: v0.2.0-preview2
>>
>> - For better clarity, renamed `mysql.db.MysqlDB` to
>> `mysql.pool.MySqlPool`.
>>
>> - Package mysql.connection no longer acts as a package.d,
>> publicly importing other modules. To import all of
>> mysql-native, use `import mysql;`
>
> Thanks! Could you explain about pool. I googled about it, and
> still can't understand when it up new connections?
>
> How can I imagine what connection is? Because without it hard
> to understand what difference between connections with and
> without pool.
>
> Am I right understand that if I use pool I can create
> connection instance one time in DB class constructor end every
> new connection will be created on demand?

Ok, I read articles about pool, as I understood it's depend on of
the implementation. For example method `close` in pool mode
should not close connection, but return it to pool.

Could you tell about your implementation. Also actual question is
can I open connection in constructor (during class instance
creation) ?