Snap package for LDC 1.1.0 available to test

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 4 15:05:18 PST 2017

On Saturday, 4 February 2017 at 14:56:21 UTC, aberba wrote:
> There is now support for 14.04 too.

Right now that may not work for people unless they enable the
`proposed` repository.  There's a bug that currently prevents
installation of `snapd` via the stable repos, but a fix for that
has been prepared and I would guess it will probably be released
next week.  I will post here when that's the case.

> Although snaps are marketed by Canonical, I see flatpack to be
> more technically safe a superior. And that's what most free
> software devs commit.

My impression is quite the opposite -- that snap packages right
now offer more features (security included) and make fewer
assumptions about the host system.  But, obviously, your call
what you wish to work with.

However, since the snap package is available now ... if you are
able to, could you possibly do me the favour of trying it out and
confirming whether or not it works for you?

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe