Questionnaire

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 8 10:27:57 PST 2017

1. Why your company uses  D?

   a. D is the best
   b. We like D
   c. I like D and my company allowed me to use D
   d. My head like D
   e. Because marketing reasons
   f. Because my company can be more efficient with D for some
tasks then with any other system language

2. Does your company uses C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, Rust?

3. If yes, what the reasons to do not use D instead?

2. Have you use one of the following Mir projects in production:

   a. https://github.com/libmir/mir
   b. https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
   c. https://github.com/libmir/mir-cpuid
   d. https://github.com/libmir/mir-random
   e. https://github.com/libmir/dcv - D Computer Vision Library
   f. std.experimental.ndslice

3. If Yes, can Mir community use your company's logo in a section
"Used by" or similar.

4. Have you use one of the following Tamedia projects in your
production:

   a. https://github.com/tamediadigital/asdf
   b. https://github.com/tamediadigital/je
   c. https://github.com/tamediadigital/lincount

5. What D misses to be commercially successful languages?

6. Why many topnotch system projects use C programming language
nowadays?

All my current D project are finished. Probably I will use other
languages for production this year, Java/Go/whatever. Mir
libraries are amazing and good quality. If you use them this
would be a good motivation for us to improve the docs and provide
regular updates. Plus, it can be enchanted during the GSoC 2017.

Thanks,
Ilya