two points

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 12:12:06 PST 2017

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 19:58:57 UTC, Seb wrote:
> We gave this a try a couple of months ago with Facebook's
> mention-bot:
>
> Example:
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4318#issuecomment-241817191
> Repo: https://github.com/dlang-bots/mention-bot
>
> Eventually I disabled it because people complained about the
> added noise.

It's great that you gave this a go.  Seriously, people considered
one small informative post in the PR to be "added noise"? :-(

Out of curiosity: is it typical that it would not post until some
way into the discussion (as in that example)?  I could see why it
would be irritating if it popped up once discussion and review
had already started happening.

Assuming that the bot can be relied on to be 'first responder' to
any PR, I'm happy to try to draft an alternative text for it to
post (and maybe also look at what texts it can link to).