two points

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 12:29:40 PST 2017

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 19:53:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> There's a lot going on needing attention, and sometimes a bit
> of championing is needed by their proponents.

Yes, but it could be good to examine what can be done to more
pro-actively look at open PRs that have had no recent follow-up.
It's not really going to work that well if attention gets given
substantially on the basis of who's most eagerly seeking it.

People like that metaphor "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the
grease", but as a first aid trainer once pointed out to me, the
quieter patient may be the one more in need of immediate
attention.

> Also, please keep in mind that the smaller and more focussed a
> PR is, the more likely it'll have a quick resolution.

Unfortunately my current one is large with good reason.  But I
think you'll find I also provided very detailed commit messages
to explain and justify all my changes ;-)