Questionnaire

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 15:51:04 PST 2017

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 17:28:47 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> I would probably say libraries is most important. Mir is a
> great advance. I've been applauding your work all the way
> through. There are two things that I think Mir needs most (and
> we've talked about them before as things you were thinking
> about) and then a third is a nice-to-have
> 1) A higher level layer with more convenient syntax for Mir-Glas
> 2) Lapack support (eigenvalues, svd, & cholesky/qr
> decompositions)
> 3) D compute support (would be nice to easily offload big
> computations to GPU)

number 3 is in the pipeline. LDC should be able to produce .ptx
and .spv (the intermediate formats for CUDA and OpenCL
respectively, with host code all at the same time!) RealSoon™ (I
hope by the end of the month).

 From there it's all just plain D API bashing, which will be
easily automated with .mangleof and templates.

I am hoping to give a DConf talk about this.