GSoC 2017 Application Rejected

CRAIG DILLABAUGH via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 10 11:00:54 PST 2017

Hello D Community

Just coming here to inform everyone that our D application for
GSoC 2017 was sadly rejected.  Unfortunately (for me) it is
completely my fault, I failed to fill out one line on one of the
three forms that comprised the application.  Even more
frustrating I went online on the 8th to make sure that everything
was in order and I noticed and filled in the offending line.
However I must have either failed to hit 'save' or the save
itself failed (I will assume the later since that makes me look
less incompetent).

To make matters worse I got an automated email from Google at 3am
the morning of the deadline warning me, but since I had a
particularly busy day at work on the 9th I didn't get a chance to
check my email until shortly after noon on Feb 9th. At which
point it was too late.

So I want to apologize to the D community for this mix up on my
part, and in particular to those who invested time in helping get
ready for this year's GSoC and to you students who were looking
forward to applying.  However, for anyone who did work on the
Ideas page that can at least be re-used and we now have a much
fuller list.

Regards

Craig