GSoC 2017 Application Rejected

CRAIG DILLABAUGH via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 10 13:34:11 PST 2017

On Friday, 10 February 2017 at 20:21:56 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> So sorry to hear that this happened.  I know very well from
> working with you last year how much care and attention you put
> into GSoC, so I can imagine how you must feel right now.
>
> In the circumstances it seems best to focus on: how could we
> try to stop something like this happening again?  One thing
> that occurs to me is that it might be a good idea for the email
> address through which the application is submitted to forward
> to a couple of other people, who could step in should there be
> an emergency like this (with the principle being, whoever gets
> such an emergency alert deals with it ASAP, unless they hear
> that it's dealt with from the other people involved).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best wishes,
>
>     -- Joe

Joe good point.  The first thing I thought after this happened is
'what should I do to prevent this from happening again?' We are
supposed to have a backup administrator.  I had added an email
(for backup admin) to the admin list but while the individual
confirmed his interest to me I don't know if he confirmed with
Google (they send an invite when you register someone).  Perhaps
they would have pinged him too had the invite been accepted, but
I am not sure, I will ask the Google folks.

In any case, next year I will make sure we have one or two backup
admins signed up well ahead of time who could act as a backup for
submission even if that was all they had to do.

Cheers

Craig