Alexa Skill written in D

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 11 23:06:00 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 12:16:06 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 January 2017 at 11:46:22 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 7 January 2017 at 13:17:35 UTC, extrawurst wrote:

>> Thank you for doing this - really happy about it.  A perfect
>> open source moment - I was wondering about how to go about
>> getting Alexa working.  But I had shared the AWS Lambda stuff
>> which proved useful for you, and now you solved the problem
>> for me and helped others on top.
>>

>> Laeeth.
>
> Hi Laeeth, thanks again for your post about aws lambda + D -
> wouldn't have thought about this whole thing otherwise.
>
> I wanted to ask you if you thought about using another platform
> but nodejs wrap the D exe in lambda. They support java and C#
> aswell. I was wondering if it is a performance difference to
> use them instead ?!
> Looking forward to your input.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan

Hi Stephan.

I think at the time C# was not possible, and not sure if java
was.  I don't know those languages so well, but if someone would
like to try and see if it makes a difference, I would be happy to
grant them rights to co-maintain the repo and add those as
options.

If I recall right, there shouldn't be a performance difference -
just a question of latency to start.  Will Java or C# be better
in those respects given time needed to start the VM?

Laeeth.