Vibrant 2.0, major update

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 13 14:57:18 PST 2017

On 02/13/2017 02:18 PM, Guillaume Piolat wrote:

https://www.auburnsounds.com/blog/2017-02-13_Vibrant-2.0-released-free-demo.html

 > There is nothing terribly interesting to say technically.

I disagree because you've already given interesting details like the
following and you said elsewhere in this thread "Big mistake were:
having a variable timestep, and having custom adhoc physics." :)

 > The game
 > originally started as a Turbo pascal experiment in ~2003 on a 486 to
 > understand matrices. At first it was using 3x2 matrices because it's
 > sufficient for 2D. Only recently the code recovered enough to consider
 > new features, it's a mess of legacy code that has somehow survived
 > (Pascal+assembly to D1 to D2).

All interesting stuff! Look how much interest the self-important idiom
received, which the original author had thought to be a trivial matter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/5tt33y/a_new_import_idiom_for_d/

A blog post may improve the sales of your game. :)

Ali