Announcement: DConf 2017 Hackathon May 7

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 14 14:11:43 PST 2017

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 13:17:02 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
>      I am happy to announce that there will be a special addition to this
> year's DConf.
>
>      The conference will not end after the three days of talks but
> continue on into Sunday for a hackathon during which people can
> collaboratively focus on long-lasting problems and pain points in the D
> ecosystem. Of course, any D hackers who wish to simply progress their own
> personal projects are welcome too! Sociomantic has once again been an
> amazing host and reserved the same venue (Heimathafen) for this day as
> well.
>
>     The motivation for adding a D ecosystem hackathon (besides having fun)
> is that a lot of time is wasted due to communication latency because most
> people can only hack during the night or weekends. At last year’s DConf,
> the “birds of feather” groups were intended to reduce this communication
> problem, but sadly the scheduling didn’t quite provide enough time. Thus,
> the DConf 2017 hackathon isn't a hackathon in the tradition sense as most
> of the time and focus will hopefully be spent discussing, planning and
> developing future D projects.
>
>      More details will follow shortly and will be announced here and on
> dconf.org

LOL. I booked my flight and hotel back in December, and my flight was for
Sunday. Fortunately, after seeing this, I was able to change it, even if it
wasn't free (though the flight was actually cheaper on Monday, so that took
a bite out of the change fee). So, I guess that planning ahead cost me. :)

- Jonathan M Davis