A New Import Idiom`

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 14 15:33:52 PST 2017

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 00:01:42 Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> On 2/14/17 3:32 AM, Jerry wrote:
> > Anyways yes this is kind of cool and fascinating how it works, but that
> > aside I hope I never see this used in phobos. Does anyone else feel this
> > way?
>
> +1
> Let's not make Phobos as scary as C++ STL.

Honestly, as hideous as functions signatures can get - particularly with
heavily templated stuff, I think that the result tends to be far more
understandable than the likes of the STL of Boost. That being said, I think
that D function signaures are certainly pushing it as it is, and I don't
think that the benefits of adding imports to them is worth the clutter that
they add.

- Jonathan M Davis