A New Import Idiom`

Arun Chandrasekaran via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 14 16:45:25 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 at 23:01:42 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> On 2/14/17 3:32 AM, Jerry wrote:
>> Anyways yes this is kind of cool and fascinating how it works,
>> but that
>> aside I hope I never see this used in phobos. Does anyone else
>> feel this
>> way?
>
> +1
> Let's not make Phobos as scary as C++ STL.
>
> ---
> Dmitry Olshansky

Honestly, after staring at C++ STL, I never imaged that the
standard library of a language can be *readable* and
*understandable* until I read phobos. Kudos to Walter, Andrei and
contributors. I still believe that templated D code is much more
readable and intuitive than templated C++ code.

Arun