Announcement: DConf 2017 Hackathon May 7

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 14 19:16:35 PST 2017

On 15/02/2017 10:17 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>     I am happy to announce that there will be a special addition to this
> year's DConf.
>
>     The conference will not end after the three days of talks but
> continue on into Sunday for a hackathon during which people can
> collaboratively focus on long-lasting problems and pain points in the D
> ecosystem. Of course, any D hackers who wish to simply progress their
> own personal projects are welcome too! Sociomantic has once again been
> an amazing host and reserved the same venue (Heimathafen) for this day
> as well.
>
>    The motivation for adding a D ecosystem hackathon (besides having
> fun) is that a lot of time is wasted due to communication latency
> because most people can only hack during the night or weekends. At last
> year’s DConf, the “birds of feather” groups were intended to reduce this
> communication problem, but sadly the scheduling didn’t quite provide
> enough time. Thus, the DConf 2017 hackathon isn't a hackathon in the
> tradition sense as most of the time and focus will hopefully be spent
> discussing, planning and developing future D projects.
>
>     More details will follow shortly and will be announced here and on
> dconf.org

Even though I'm not going, if anybody wants to work on getting an image
library for Phobos going, get in touch with me please.
I will do my best to be available in any communication means (including
IRC & Skype) during this time.