Call for arms: Arch Linux D package maintenance

Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 16 11:58:47 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:47 PM, Vladimir Panteleev via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 12:47:51 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>
>> As I have previously announced
>> (http://forum.dlang.org/post/o6fbbu$1qli$1@digitalmars.com), I am stepping
>> down from maintaining Arch Linux packages for D.
>

> Hi, wondering what the outcome of this was.
>
> Also, how big is the maintenance burden? Is there more to it than a version
> number bump & push on each release? Perhaps it could be automated or
> integrated into the release process.
>
> FWIW, I've got a few packages on AUR:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=CyberShadow

Hi,

I am planning on asking to become TU for the dlang packages in
community. I've been building and working with the current packages
and making my own packages to make sure I know what I'm getting in to.
LDC and GDC are matched with the system versions of llvm and gcc. If I
can get TU approval I will put time in to these packages and hopefully
make some Arch tools that use dlang to try and promote it more.
To learn makepkg and nampac etc I built this [0], it is a set of
PKGBUILD files that are loosely based on the way I use multiple
official dmd compilers on my dev box. Some of my customers use older
version of Vibe that do not build on current dmd. I actually normally
use /usr/local/ and not /usr/lib for my dmd installation. It also has
a little utility for switching between compilers versions, similar to
archlinux-java.

[0]: https://github.com/rjmcguire/archlinux-dmd