Android LDC in a Container

Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 20 05:56:56 PST 2017

On Sunday, 19 February 2017 at 23:16:20 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 01/15/2017 12:40 PM, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Dockerhub I published a repository which makes it really
>> easy to
>> develop Android
>> applications using LDC and Joakims work. The repository
>> contains Android
>> 1.1.0 beta from
>> https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases and also the
>> NDK from
>> google.
>>

> I haven't actually had a chance to try either this or Joakims's
> stuff by itself, although I am interested. Can you describe how
> this repo simplifies things?
>
> Also, using this stuff, is there a way for the D application to
> call into Android's API?

I created a docker repo which contains Joakims's work
(LDC+modifications).
You do not have to install LDC or Android NDK on your host system.
It is a fail safe, operation system independent solution.

You only have docker installed on your host system
(windows/linux/mac)
and enter the command from my first post. This will open a shell
which
is like a virtual system. LDC and Android NDK is available in
this shell,
ready to run.

Kind regards
André