Moonshot: a DMD fork that outputs Lua

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 21 08:18:44 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 12:45:47 UTC, Mithun Hunsur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Introducing Moonshot (https://github.com/Philpax/moonshot)!

Hi Mithun,

Looking over the code for lua it seems that you use std.format a
lot a ctfe.
I would advise against that as it needlessly increases compile
times.
The built-in concat operator is supposed to be faster in many
cases.

I am interested in how you handle complex types i.e. structs with
pointers of the same struct type and the like.

I think moonshot is a worthwhile effort.
Congrats for getting something like this to work.