New (page-per-artifact) standard library doc examples are now editable and runnable

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 21 14:58:57 PST 2017

On Sunday, 19 February 2017 at 02:27:41 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 February 2017 at 16:43:43 UTC, Seb wrote:
>

>> Excellent idea!
>> AFAIK reddit doesn't like self posts that much.
>> Would someone be so kind to post this once the improvements
>> are in?
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1575
>>
>> (this PR disables the `assert` transformation for now and also
>> changes the output to pre.
>> It will automatically be deployed once merged)
>
> I'll do it. But before I do, I'll want to know that everything
> is working as intended. Post here with a green light and I'll
> post it during one of the peak periods.

Thanks a lot!
FYI the PR fix has been merged.

Unfortunately it reverts the writeln magic as the false positive
rate was too high - at some point we really should come up with
something better :/
However the fact that ddoc and ddox emit different, fully built
synax-highlighted HTML doesn't make it easier. Maybe the compiler
can help out here (?) or we can run a libdparse-based formatter
before running ddoc/ddox?
(at least for ddox there is also the intermediate json output of
DMD, but for now it seems that the switch to ddox doesn't happen
as soon as anticipated)