Moonshot: a DMD fork that outputs Lua

Mithun Hunsur via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 22 01:48:27 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 21:32:51 UTC, pineapple wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 12:45:47 UTC, Mithun Hunsur
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been working on a little project over the last month and
>> a half, inspired by Adam's dtojs
>> (https://github.com/adamdruppe/dtojs). I've always wanted a
>> typed, powerful, embeddable scripting language, but found the
>> contenders lacking - which is why I decided to hack up DMD to
>> emit Lua.
>
> This is awesome. Great work! Is there an easy way to see
> compiler output for some example programs?
>
> I encourage you to submit a dconf talk - I know I'd like to
> hear more about this - just mind that the submission deadline
> is coming up in a few days.

Thanks for the feedback! There's no easy way of seeing compiler
output, but I've included a few samples here:
https://gist.github.com/Philpax/79501f24c22f0b8582252d800bd28dbc.
The codegen's pretty bad - there's been little effort to optimise
it - but hopefully it will improve over time.

I'm aware of the deadline; just wanted to make sure I had a
chance to get feedback first.