New (page-per-artifact) standard library doc examples are now editable and runnable

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 27 13:37:51 PST 2017

On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 16:49:13 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> See e.g.
> https://dlang.org/library-prerelease/std/algorithm/comparison/among.html from above. This leaves quite the bad impression, as it makes the page look like an unstructured mess at first glance.

What's up with the bullet point list at the top of the page? I'd
understand it if they were links to the specific overloads, but
just being text it seems silly to have it there.

Even repeating the ditto wouldn't bother me if it was linked or
something...

And ddoc fails to display that sanely too, it shows the outer
template, but not the inner function you'd actually use.
Thankfully, the examples cover it, but IMO neither ddoc nor ddox
actually do a good job on this.

BTW, this is how my doc site renders that:
http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.algorithm.comparison.among.1.html

I also do a list of overloads, but present them as an
accordian-style list of links with an argument summary so you can
see at a glance what one might be which. (I'm not 100% in love
with my doc here either, but I do like it better than either
option on dlang.org. Y'all should start stealing my ideas.)