PostgreSQL native impl

Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 03:26:02 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 09:07:35 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 01:08:28 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 20:29:55 +0000, Anton wrote:
>>
>>> Today i spent about hour to write pure-D simple PostgreSQL
>>> driver for
>>> demonstration purposes.
>>> I was looking for developers interested in complete
>>> PostgreSQL driver
>>> (pure D)
>>>
>>> That demo not implements auth, therefore requires trusted user
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/anton-dutov/postgresql-native-d [2]
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/protocol.html
>>
>> Nice!
>>
>> Looks like it wouldn't be much work to add prepared queries.
>>
>> I notice you rolled your own uri library. Might I point you
>> toward urld? It supports ipv6 hosts (probably handy) and
>> unicode domain names (nice to have, probably not useful here).
>>
>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/urld
>
> This is really neat! I've been looking for one such. I'm used
> to https://github.com/cpp-netlib/uri in C++.

Shameless plug, I've been working in my spare time on a similar
project: https://github.com/Burgos/postgres-native

Progress is super slow, though, but I'm really happy how the
things are working out, so just publishing here if somebody wants
to take the inspiration from the API or any part of it, or if
somebody wants to help :-)

I hope in 2017 I'll build a simple web project around it, which
should help alot.