Vision document for H1 2017

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 5 01:49:16 PST 2017

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 04:43:12 Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 19:22:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
>
> wrote:
> > We release a brief Vision document summarizing the main goals
> > we plan to pursue in the coming six months. This half we are
> > focusing on three things: safety, lifetime management, and
> > static introspection.
> >
> > https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2017H1
> >

> > Andrei
>
> quote from the document:
> > Redoing compiler code into lowerings and __traits-based
> > introspection that leverage client code, thus moving compiler
> > smarts into simpler library facilities
>
> To simplify introspection with library traits that use the
> compiler "__traits()" someone has to remove the restrictions
> related to protection attributes. This is not a new topic.
> Without this, the new library traits won't work well and people
> won't use them.

IIRC, it was already agreed that they had to be removed and would be soon,
but we couldn't do it right away either because of code breakage or because
it was a point release that was trying to get out the door. I'm thinking
that it's supposed to be fixed in 2.073, but I'm not 100% sure..

- Jonathan M Davis