Alexa Skill written in D

extrawurst via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 7 05:17:35 PST 2017

Hi guys,
the last 2 weeks I jumped on a new toy project: An Alexa Skill
written in D.

It is a skill that allows me to voice control my TV receiver with
commands like:

> Alexa, ask Telly to go to standby
> Alexa, ask Telly what is currently running

The project and all the source code sits on github:
https://github.com/Extrawurst/alexa-openwebif

I created two new dub libraries that this app uses:
https://github.com/Extrawurst/openwebif-client-d
https://github.com/Extrawurst/alexa-skill-kit-d

*openwebif-client-d* is the REST api that my receiver speaks.
*alexa-skill-kit-d* is the base class and the types that amazon
throws at when the user activated your skill.

you can find the blog post here:
http://blog.extrawurst.org/programming/dlang/alexa/2017/01/06/alexa-in-d.html

Feel free to share, to spread the word about using D for this
fancy new tech.

~Stephan