Vision document for H1 2017

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 7 11:55:30 PST 2017

On 01/05/2017 11:00 AM, Basile B. wrote:
> I don't known what did you decide in intern but when the discussion
> between users was hot (just after version 2.071.1 I think) I've proposed
> that:
> https://github.com/BBasile/DIPs/blob/3d5e3f81c541c6e23c69555a230b4d42a7bb6de6/DIPs/DIP8484.md

This is superfluous by now. We figured that allowing access to private
fields wouldn't clash with important optimizations, so it can be allowed
via traits.
The visibility of allMembers was adjusted in
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6078.
All access checks will go away once the visibility changes have been
fully deprecated. So far those changes were adopted fairly slow (not
even phobos has fixed them all), hence we haven't yet switched over to
the new visibility semantics.

-Martin