New (page-per-artifact) standard library doc examples are now editable and runnable

Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 7 13:19:42 PST 2017

On Saturday, 7 January 2017 at 20:14:56 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Following https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1532, the
>> new-style docs now also allow editing and running examples.
>> Start at http://dlang.org/library-prerelease/ and go anywhere
>> to check it out.
>>
>> Thanks are due to Sönke Ludwig and Sebastian Wilzbach!
>
> Thanks, this is quite an amazing step towards more interactive
> documentation.
> Should we start to produce output as well, e.g. with some magic
> `writeln` that's silent in actual tests?

There's already some simple support for this in the ddoc pages,
e.g. the pattern `assert(a == b);` is automatically rewritten to
`writeln(a); // b`

https://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm_searching.html#.minElement

However as ddox produces a different output, it doesn't work at
the moment with the ddox build.
I made a PR:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1551

Of course help to make this smarter is welcome ;-)