Linker-hacking out the D runtime

Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 9 05:42:01 PST 2017

On Sunday, 8 January 2017 at 22:14:36 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> 1) -fno-rtti should be a flag that is honoured by the compiler.

The more I think about it the more I dislike the whole idea of
-fno-rtti.  All I've ever wanted from the D compiler is to not
put code in my binary that has not chance of ever being used.
Or, to generate it in a way that can be garbage collected by the
linker.

If that dream came true, I could avoid RTTI by simply avoiding
any feature that needed it (REALLY needed it!) and -fno-rtti
would be of no value, except to enforce policy.