Pry v0.3.1 is out!

Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 17 14:52:30 PST 2017

On Sunday, 15 January 2017 at 01:26:07 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> Two key areas of focus are (compared to say Pegged):
> - performance, on par with hand-written code or die

I didn't profile, but apart from the time-complexity that is
inherent to straight forward recursive descent parsers like
Pegged (improved by memoization), my impression is that Pegged's
main performance problem is due to a very high constant: it is
concatenating strings, all the time. A LOT of strings, and a LOT
of concatenations. Almost all of them are discarded, of course.
Finding a way to do the same without string concatenation would
have a big impact.

Bastiaan.