Release Candidate 2.073.0-rc1

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 19 23:55:31 PST 2017

On 19.01.2017 21:56, Suliman wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 19:22:07 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 19.01.2017 08:32, Suliman wrote:
>>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.073.0.html#mscrtlib-option
>>> How can I set this flag in dub.json? I tried:
>>> "dflags": [ "-mscrt=msvcrt" ]
>>> but got error:
>>> Error: unrecognized switch '-mscrt=msvcrt'
>>
>> Ouch, the switch is actually called -mscrtlib. We need to fix the
>> documentation...
>
> Thanks! Now it's compile.
>
> What version of cruntime (I tried: libcmtd, msvcrt msvcrtd) I should use
> to prevent depending my project on `msvcr120.dll`. Now when I try run
> vibed-based project on another PC it's give me error about absent
> `msvcr120.dll`.

If you just want a single executable, the default (libcmt) is good
enough. It adds the C runtime as a static library in the link step.

The DLL version of the C runtime is used with msvcrt and msvcrtd (the
latter is the debug version). This is usually needed if the executable
passes memory or other resources to other DLLs. Microsoft recommends to
install the redistributable package in that case, e.g.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784