DConf 2017 now open for registration

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 20 14:46:06 PST 2017

On Friday, 20 January 2017 at 21:11:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/20/2017 1:20 AM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> I presume if I only intend to go if my submission proposal is
>> accepted that I
>> don't need to register?
>
> You're still better off registering to:
>
> 1. reserve your ticket in case it is not accepted

Alas I am a poor student living on the other side of the globe and
dconf falls towards the end of a rather busy semester. I can
afford
neither the cost of the flights, nor the time away if I am not
speaking.

> 2. take advantage of Early Bird price if it is not accepted
>
> You can submit the ticket cost as a reimbursable expense after
> the conference.
>
> But yes, accepted speakers are implicitly registered and do not
> need to purchase a ticket.

Excellent, then I just need to make an announcement of my work
being merged to further increase the chance my talk is accepted.