Silicon Valley D Meetup - January 26, 2017 - "High Performance Tools in D" by Jon Degenhardt

Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 27 13:29:56 PST 2017

On Friday, 27 January 2017 at 20:48:30 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 01/27/2017 08:21 AM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> On Friday, 27 January 2017 at 03:58:26 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>>> And this:
>>>
>>>   http://youtu.be/-DK4r5xewTY
>>
>> Hey Jon, if you're in this thread, are you able to post any of
>> the code
>> that you use for tsv parsing?
>
> Yeah, the slide starting at 19'35 is the most interesting:
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DK4r5xewTY&feature=youtu.be&t=1175
>
> Tools written in D (mostly with Phobos and with GC) are at
> least 3 times faster! Let's verify the results and then make
> some noise. :)
>
> Ali

An independent verification of the results would be fantastic.
Any time a single person does this type of benchmark, especially
the author of the tool, there's real risk of an error. In this
case I took every reasonable step I knew to be diligent about it,
but still. And yes, the deltas are impressive. I was surprised.