D IDE Coedit - version 3 beta 3

dminded via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 17:06:32 PST 2017

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 at 23:55:58 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 January 2017 at 22:18:52 UTC, dminded wrote:
>> On Friday, 27 January 2017 at 04:48:56 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>>> This would probably have been a RC or even the final version
>>> if I hadn't to wait for the development platform I use to
>>> reach its next milestone, which may not happen before the
>>> next spring, so another beta is worth.
>>>
>>> All important information, links and other downloads are here:
>>> https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/releases/tag/3_beta_3
>>>
>>> You can report any problem here:
>>> https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/issues
>>>
>>> If you have questions, exactly today, I'll probably be there:
>>> irc://irc.freenode.net/d as "DotBatch"
>>
>> I am new to dlang and wanted to try out Coedit. But it does
>> not run on my platform... I tried the zip archive and the
>> installer for the 64-bit version. I am running Linux Mint 18
>> Cinnamon x86_64. Running "coedit" will log me out of the
>> current session!? Any idea whats going on?
>
> Yes.
>
> 1/ Do you have a proper GTK2 runtime environment ?
> Try to verify with this command: pkg-config --modversion
> gtk+-2.0
>
> 2/ If you replace dastworx by this new version, does it still
> crash ?
> new version:
> https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/releases/download/3_beta_3/dastworx.linux.x86_64.zip
>
> 3/ You can try to log the output by launching from a console:
> coedit > cecession.txt
>
> Do 1/
> Do 2/, if it still crashes then do 3/

Thank you. I got it working and Hello World compiles and runs :D.

... I followed the 'Setup program' instructions, but skipped the
important point above the heading: "In all the cases, the DMD D2
compiler must setup and its location has to match to one of the
directory of the PATH environment variable.".  I only had ldc2
installed. After installing dmd coedit did work.

After playing around a bit i noticed, that something is wrong
with the project management. While the single Hello world
compiles and runs, I can not compile a project. i get the
following messages:

- compiling
- has been successfully compiled
- output executable missing: /tmp/app

I found the compiled 'app' file next to the coedit executable.

Also the 'project inspector' seems not to work. When i add files,
they are not listed there.

Something seems not to be setup properly on my machine.