mysql-native: API Refresh RC

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 29 18:56:27 PST 2017

I've been working on a big refresh of mysql-native's API, to take care
of various issues that have appeared with it. It involves some major
breaking changes (although I've tried to keep old interfaces around for
the moment, but marked deprecated), so I wanted to post it before
committing to it so those interested have a change to take a look, give
feedback, catch problems, etc.

Summary of these changes:

API overhauled for better safety, reliability and ease-of-use.
Deprecated and replaced entire Command struct with better design. Better
handling of null. Various bugs fixed and more rigorously tested.

------

For right now, the changes are in a separate fork, here:

https://github.com/Abscissa/mysql-native-experimental

The readme there has sample code and an overview of the new interface.

Changelog:
https://github.com/Abscissa/mysql-native-experimental/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

API ref: http://semitwist.com/mysql-native-docs/v0.2.0-preview1

-------

So take a look, let me know if there's any big issues with it. If all
looks good, this will soon be released as mysql-native v0.2.0.